Wednesday, July 25, 2007

UVSC students attempt to archive Africa


Chad Clark, a friend of The Pipeline, just sent us this e-mail keeping us up to date on an UVSC trip to the African nation of Namibia:


This is Chad Clark just giving you an update on life sorta. I'm in Africa right now and lovin it! If you want to follow along with what's going on check out my blog here: csclark.blogspot.com

I am posting as many photos as I can as well here: www.flickr.com/photos/csclarkphoto

I am here with my department at UVSC... well five students and two professors, and one grad student from Utah Sate. We are starting a Digital Archive for the country of Namibia. DNA or Digital Namibian Archive is the new official name. I am responsible for the Digital Imaging part of the project. It's been interesting to work with the students here in Africa. We are partners with the Polytechnic of Namibia. It's quite a task to digitize all the records, photos, audio recordings, and videos for the whole country. I'll be here for about a week longer. Feel free to pass this along or send me a message if you have any questions or what not.


Good luck to Chad and all those with him!


UPDATE: Here is the link to the Official Digital Namibian Archive blog:

http://dgm3a.uvsc.edu/Projects/GET/blog/GET%20Namibia/Welcome.html